Just Chill Critter Fun ~ La-La Land Crafts

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey all! Happy Friday!! Today I have some super cute summer time Just Chill penguins for our fantastic Critter Fun theme over at the La-La Land Crafts blog. I just love these little guys!! With all their summer time gear and just chillin' the day away.

La-La Land Crafts Just Chill - Copictopia

I had a fun time figuring out the "boardwalk" and the deck to the little shaker pool. I probably went through a few different colors before deciding on the Distress Oxide Ink of Vintage Burlap. I used the Wooden Planks Background stamp to get that "boardwalk" texture as well. I used the Double Stitched Hills Die to get that nice curved walkway for the boardwalk.

La-La Land Crafts Summer Fun - Copictopia

The pool was another story. The pool took a bit of thought as it was not a normal shape and I wanted to have the scallops on the edges to show the edge of the pool.

I ended up cutting the Pierced Scalloped Oval Die twice then cut them with the Scalloped Rectangle Die for the corners. I did end up drawing out the inner shape with a pencil, then using my hobby knife to cut that out.

La-La Land Crafts Summer Fun - Copictopia

I added the little Grass Patches Die cuts on the sides for some extra fun and extra texture.

La-La Land Crafts Summer Fun - Copictopia

the last thing I did was to add this pennant with the sentiment also from the Just Chill Clear Stamp Set.

Copic markers I used are:
Penquins: C1, 3, 5, 7, 9, YR14, 02, 00
Scooped Ice Cream: G03, 00, 02, E23, 25, 27
Cone: E31, 33, 35
Grass: YG23, 25, 21, 91
Creamsicle: YR12, 02, 00, E31
Hat: RV00, 10, R81
Shorts: B27, 23, YR12, G00, 02, 03
Orange Drink: YR12, 14, 18, 00, 02, 0
Straw: E27
Floaty: YR12, 14, 18, 00, 02, G00, 02, 03, E27

If you like the way I color and would like to learn from me, come join Copic Academy!


 

Here are the supplies I used for the card:



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and if you want to connect with me, even more, come see my facebook page!

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Dear Cristena
    Your color palette is beautiful and your coloring is fantastic. Love to learn from you one day. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!